The Latest High-Conversion Facebook Retargeting Practices For 2021
Are you spattering all the capital in online advertisements and still suffer due to low returns on investments?
If yes, it can also make you doubt the ability to make investment decisions to maintain a constant social presence.
Advertisements on social media platforms like Facebook and its ever-changing marketing dynamics has led to many benefits for marketers and millions of online/retail business owners. The best thing about Facebook is the ability to target an audience of similar niches. But sometimes, even Facebook can be a labyrinth because of its algorithms that keep changing now and then. It can be a hindrance to reach the audience and grow a marketing channel. That is crucial for the survival of a brand on social media platforms. All you need is to target the audience who have already engaged with the brand through retargeting ads. This is where Facebook’s retargeting ads come to the rescue.
Let’s Us Discuss About Facebook And Its Retargeting Ads
As a marketer, the question- ‘What is Facebook retargeting?’ pops in our head, and the next thing we do is research. To save our time, I would put it all in simple words- Facebook retargeting is the process of searching for people who visited a website but did not buy anything. This information can be beneficial for advertising campaigns and targeting such people and convincing them to visit the website/page again.
Does FB Retargeting Ads Work?
According to the statistics:
- The visitors who are retargeted by the display ads are likely to be potential customers.
- The click-through rates of retargeted ads are ten times higher than regular display ads.
- 44% of customers say that they prefer to buy the products again & again, after being impressed by them.
The customers are humans, and humans can be indecisive most of the time. Especially, when the users are surrounded by the 1000+ alternatives that they are currently browsing. Selecting a product from a heap of similar options can be a little fussy.
How Does The FB Retargeted Ads Work?
Facebook retargeting ads are easy to manage and run. If you have a Facebook page for a business, you can run ads directly in the Facebook ads manager section and track all the ad campaigns’ performance.
Many businesses target their audience based on website traffic. The perfect example is the concept of an abandoned cart on any online shopping site.
Now, if you are ready to initiate the remarketing on Facebook, here are some of the Facebook retargeting best practices for 2021!
Before we begin with all the practices, firstly, we need to know about a Facebook pixel.
A Facebook pixel is a cluster of codes that tracks consumer engagement on a brand’s website. It tracks user activities and maintains a record of all the people that visit a brand’s page or an official website.
The next step is to create a Facebook pixel for a brand.
Here are the steps to be followed for easy creation and implementation-
- Go to Facebook’s ad manager, and click on pixels. Then, select “Create a Pixel.”
- Select a name for a pixel that will be relevant for the products/services offered
- Accept the terms and conditions for getting a pixel. And, done!
Now, getting to the implementation part-
- Firstly, we need to add the pixel code to the company’s website to add it on all the pages.
- After adding it, go back to the ads manager and select “send test traffic” If all the steps are correct and the pixel is attached to a website, the status will be ‘active.’
- This testing process might take around 15–20 minutes, so wait for a little to know the current status.
Now, Coming to the steps for creating Facebook retargeting campaigns-
Step 1- Go to the ‘FB ads manager’ section, and click on ‘business manager’ on the top left side. From the drop-down options, select ‘audience’ from that.
Step 2- From the audience section, select ‘custom audience’ that will help to reach out to more target audiences who are genuinely interested in the listed products or services.
Step 3- Pick out the website traffic, amongst all other options, and reach out to the users who have visited the site and be the potential customers.
Step 4- Now, add the target audience to the list of audiences. Here is the list of categories to list out the users you wish to target-
- People who have already visited the website
- People that look for a specific page
- People who have not attended the page for a long time
- Customized combination of users
Step 5- Attach pixel codes that get generated through all the before-mentioned processes, and the campaign is ready to be launched!
After successfully creating a campaign, the last thing we need is a Facebook retargeting strategy for targeting users, such as-
- The website visitors
- Specific content readers
- The free trial users
- The Curious users
- The users with an incomplete sign-in process
- The users that visit the pricing page
Facebook retargeting ads help online marketers to increase more engagement on websites with ads that users get on their Facebook feed. If the users click on these ads, it will redirect them to the company’s official page from where they can buy the product. It is just another effective way to increase sales of the company.