Facebook, one of the top-rated social media platforms, is well-known for entertainment and advertising at the same time. Day-by-day this medium is updating itself to the best to grab the attention of the users and surf more and more on this platform. One such recent update is Facebook Stories. Let’s have a brief study of what it is.
WHAT ARE FACEBOOK STORIES?
A feature of Facebook involves pictures or videos uploaded on the top column of the news feed by the user. It remains up to 24 hours for the other users to see and reply. People upload stories to grab the attention of users or to promote their brands for their online page. More than entertainment, marketers have stepped up a large foot on Facebook to target the audience. To make your story more eye-catching, you can edit it with different filters and add text/emojis as well. You can use this feature for:
- Letting the users know about your marketing concept
- Announce important updates
- Host surveys or giveaways
- Focusing on sales and discounts
HOW BRANDS GRAB THE ADVANTAGE OF FACEBOOK STORIES?
Brands are taking great advantage of this feature in many ways. Let’s see how:
1. EXCITING CONTENT:
The content you post in the story should be exciting and relevant enough for your viewers to understand the concept behind it. A story-telling post makes it look fascinating in front of the audience to build trust and a good relationship with the marketers.
2. UNIQUE APPROACH:
The approach of your content to its viewers should be in a unique way. Make sure to create a post of your own instead of copying it from your competitors. Also, avoid posting the same content on different platforms, as users expect fresh ideas from the marketers.
3. FOCUS ON BRAND:
Focusing on your brand is one of the most crucial steps for attracting viewers to your page. Add live filters to your post to make it look creative and engaging. Overall, editing more and more will help you create intriguing content for your brand. Like:
- The filters must be relevant
- Add interesting themes
- Use colour and fonts with your brand image
4. IMPLEMENT STRATEGIES:
Instead of focusing more on promotion, try to grab the user’s attention by some more means. The audience expects not only products and services you offer, but also they ought to know about your company as well. Such as:
- You can share video clips of your events
- Share customer reviews and testimonials
- Snap team selfies
- Post trailers of your new product launch and more.
5. TRACK PERFORMANCE:
Your work does not get over just after uploading the stories. Instead, you need to check up on its performance. Doing so will help you analyze and find out the steps you were lagging, so it won’t repeat the next time.
HOW TO CREATE A FACEBOOK STORY?
Creating Facebook stories isn’t a difficult task, especially for nomophobians. You can design it either from your mobile or from the browser. Let’s see how:
FOR MOBILE USERS:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Swipe right to open the camera.
- Create your story content.
- Click on next.
- Click on the change and select the page you want to add the story.
- Select ‘Your Story.’
- Tap on the send button.
FOR DESKTOP USERS:
- Open the browser and log in to your Facebook account
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Find and click the ‘Add To Story’ button.
- Create your content.
- Tap on the ‘Add To Story’ button.
And, bingo! You successfully created your Facebook story.
HOW TO DELETE A FACEBOOK STORY?
If you ever wish to delete your Facebook story, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the story section above the news feed option on Facebook.
- Tap on your story.
- Click on the 3-dot option on the right-hand side.
- Tap on delete picture/video.
WHAT ARE THE SPECIFICATIONS OF FACEBOOK STORIES?
Specifications play a significant role in the field of advertising. So, to make this easier for our readers, the specs of the Facebook story are:
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16 to 1.91:1
- Maximum duration: 6 seconds
- Maximum File Size: 30 MB
- Supported Image Type: .jpg and .png
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16 to 1.91:1
- Maximum duration: 15 seconds
- Maximum File Size: 4 GB
- Supported Video Type: .mp4 and .mov
- Minimum Video Width: 500px
Hence, Facebook stories are one of the best updates on Facebook and are really beneficial for marketers to promote their brand and product. So, we hope that this article helps to understand the concept of Facebook stories in a better way.